This stamp set has been around for a long time. I had to pull it out once again and came out with this lovely card. I did use a couple of retired products. The sentiment on the front came from the Loving Thoughts stamp set. I should tell you, now don't cringe lol I cut the sentiment stamp so it would stamp as two layers instead of one across the page. The elegant butterfly punch is also retired :( love that punch. It would be easy enough to substitute when recreating this card.
I have decided to enter my card into the Joy of Sets Challenge
This challenge is to use a Stampin' Up! stamp set that has the letter "T"
Yes, you read that correctly lol I needed to make a birthday card for one of my sisters and I know that she loves quilts. I decided to go onto pinterest and look around. I always hesitate or think twice before going on to pinterest cause I know that I will be there for hrs!. I settled on the herringbone technique and LOVE it. So easy and fun to do.
Here is the finished card
I had used some beautiful but older designer series paper from Stampin up! called Everyday Enchantment.
I really did not want to take away from the pattern so I opted for a small sentiment that way I could still see the beautiful paper at work. The stamped sentiment on the front of the card came from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
And yes, I used two of the retired punches, word window, and the modern label. I also used a white opaque pen to make the faux stitches!
The inside stamped sentiment came from a retired hostess set called Happy Birthday Everyone (love this set).
I am sure she will love this card. She really is an amazing woman :)
Have a great weekend everyone!
method and a tip:
I did not really measure the strips they were just kind of random widths.
I had some 2" wide double sided tape laying around so I stuck that onto a piece of 3 3/4 x 5 " piece of cardstock then laid the strips onto the tape.
TIP: Once I had all my strips stuck down and trimmed I turned it over onto an old mouse pad and using a bone folder I burnished on the back. This helped seal all the edges and made a smooth look.
I then mounted it onto a 5 1/4x4" piece of Calypso Coral cardstock.
Then mounted it onto my Very Vanilla cardbase.
Oh boy! this was the first time that I was a little late in sending out the birthday cards. Feeling bad about that so I decided that while I was making the birthday cards for June I should make the ones for July!
I had to mail these cards so I was concerned about the thickness. I decided to leave the front of the cards simple. It's the inside of the card that is the FUN part! Love how these pop out cards turned out. There were 6 cards in June.
And here are two of the four cards that I had made for the July Birthdays. I couldn't decide if I liked the bottom of the flower up or to use it as more leaves, so I did both HA!
Enjoy the rest of the week!
PS I forgot to mention that after taking the photos I realized I had forgotten to add bows to the balloons, which I did do before sending them off :)