Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2012 July

The technique is using alcohol inks and a can of air. I just happened to have a can of air on hand so it was easier for me to follow along rather than having to blow through a straw. I really thought I was going to have to use a straw!
For the base tag the colour kraft was used. Once again I used my good old colour kraft  file folders and my tag die :) I then white washed it with the picket fence distress ink. The alcohol inks that I  used were raisin, sunset orange, sunshine yellow and  butterscotch. I should also mention that the inks were used on Inkessentials specialty stamp paper. The edges were sanded, distressed and then inked with distress ink vintage photo. I layered using the Coredinations ColorCore Cardstock scattered straw and victorian velvet.

Whew it was fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, Donna. I TOTALLY L-O-V-E your tag!!

    This is an AMAZING creation, girl! The mixture of rustic with refined (twine, copper safety pin/black swirls and pearl) is SOOOO appealing!!

    The sentiment strikes a STRONG chord with me, TOO! If it were mine, I would pin it in my cubicle at work, as a constant reminder that life should have LASTING VALUE.

    Thanks, dear lady. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose for this one Donna. :) The yellow has to be my favorite. I was never a yellow person...seems I have been using a lot of it lately....

    ReplyDelete